Many celebrities have smiles that can light up a room. They just have a bright dazzling smile that seems impossible to attain. But you too can have that Hollywood smile. You just need to schedule a dental appointment. Because, chances are, those celebrity smiles you wonder at have been touched by the skilled hand of a dental professional.
Dental veneers are thin layers of composite resin or porcelain which are fitted right onto the surface of the tooth. They are very popular among patients with discolored, crooked or misaligned teeth. Veneers are made to give you a beautiful, straight white smile. Not surprisingly, most patients aren’t all that familiar with dental procedures – they just know they want a nice smile.
There are two types of veneers to choose from, composite resin and porcelain. One might think that all veneers are the same since they serve the same purpose, but they are actually quite different. The following are facts on both types of veneers:
- Can last about 4-8 years with proper maintenance.
- Made of high-quality reinforced plastic. Given today’s high-end technology these veneers look and feel very good, but under pressure they can get damaged quite easily.
- Its porous surface, which can affect their look after years of use.
- They are easily stained, often needing whitening treatments to maintain their appearance.
- Composite veneers chip easily.
- Porcelain veneers on the other hand last up to 25 years and do not require as much maintenance.
- Made of high-quality porcelain, natural in color and more resistant.
- Maintain strength and appearance over several decades.
- Do not stain because of the non-porous material.
For more information about veneers, call Dr. Schneider in Mooresville, NC at 704-660-1802 or visit www.schneidersmiles.com.
Drs. Catherine and Kenneth Schneider proudly serve patients from Mooresville and all surrounding areas.